Natural ways to stay healthy during the Flu season
Winter is nearly here, it is famous for fun activities and festivities. This is also the season that is notorious for the cold and flu symptoms.
Ask yourself if you are ready for the season. Feel your best this winter and if you are lucky, you could be one of those to avoid the seasonal virus with some simple tips along with your balanced and healthy diet.
Turmeric Milk with black pepper
Turmeric is one spice which has anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties. This helps your body to build a healthy immune system. At the first hint of a cold, mix equal parts of Turmeric Powder and Honey in warm milk along with a pinch of pepper powder to prevent the cold from flaring up. This mixture is an amazing cold remedy, which can also be taken otherwise to improve your overall wellbeing.
Ashwagandha is an adaptogenic herb which is known for its immune-boosting properties. Add 1 Tsp of Ashwagandha powder to your favourite beverage like smoothies or juices at least once a day to improve your chances of not getting ill. It improves the overall energy in the body. Consult your doctor before increasing or starting a new dosage.
Take Amla (Indian Gooseberry)
Amla or otherwise known as Indian gooseberry is a fruit rich in Vitamin C
that helps to boost your immunity. Eating 2-3 tsps. of amla mixed with honey helps to cure sore throat. Amla is packed with antioxidants that act as a blood purifier. Amla Powder can be dissolved in warm water and consumed with honey daily to efficiently fight off any infections.
Oil Pulling or Swishing Oil
Your mouth is an entry point to all kinds of bacteria and viruses. Keep away bad bacteria by swishing simple virgin coconut oil or Sesame oil. Oil pulling not only improves your oral health but also boosts your immunity. Take one tbsp of cold-pressed sesame oil or coconut oil and swish in your mouth for about 20 minutes, spit out and rinse with water, don’t re brush after spitting, the slight oil coating is beneficial.
Shop the Ausha Range of Super-Food Herbal Tea
- Ausha Organic Moringa Mint Tea– 100% Organic and natural, Mint infusion with Moringa is very refreshing. Contains Organic Moringa Oleifera Leaf 55% Organic Mint Leaf 32% Organic Liquorice 10%, Natural Mint Flavour 3%
- Ausha Organic Moringa Tea – 100% Organic and Natural, contains 100% Organic Moringa Oleifera Leaf. Moringa Tea is a high source of calcium.
- Ausha Organic Moringa Green Tea – 100% Organic and Natural, Organic Moringa Oleifera Leaf 55% & Organic Green Tea 45%. Strong in anti-oxidants Caffeine-free herbal infusion tea with bleach-free tea bags
- Ausha Organic Moringa Ginger Tea – 100% Natural and Organic, Moringa is great for detox. Reap the health benefits of Moringa and Ginger in one Tea bag. Contains Organic Moringa Oleifera Leaf 55%, Organic Ginger Root 31%, Natural Ginger Flavour 4%
- Ausha Organic Tulsi Tea – Tulsi, the holy basil has the stimulating aroma that makes the herbal infusion, a refreshing beverage.100% Natural and Organic, Contains Organic Krishna Tulsi Leaf 35% Organic Vana Tulsi Leaf 35% Organic Rama Tulsi Leaf 30%.